Tuesday 2 November 2021

PLANNING: MY TARGET AUDIENCE & HOW I ENGAGED THEM

Over half term I started to follow a film course created by Future Learn, which was called Distribution: Connecting Films With Audiences. This course taught me that all products are targeted at specific audiences.

In order to reach out to my target audience, I needed to know and realise who they are, what their media needs are and how I would reach out to them. This would help influence my planning. 

I saw how Bauer Media, NME and Sky helped to define audiences. This helped me come up with my target audience. I then came up with my audience profile below:


My target audience is likely to be older than 15 but younger then 30, having most members being around the 20 year mark. They are also likely to be male due to the choice of male characters and would probably have a strong feeling towards stopping climate change and green energy. I think they would also be into new progressive technology. 

1 comment:

  1. You have been following the FDA FutureLearn course on distribution and learned about how all products are targeted at specific audiences. In your subsequent audience research, you have investigated how professionals such as NME and Bauer Media profile audiences. You have created your own audience profile.

    ReplyDelete

FILM OPENING: CHAIN REACTION

 Finlay Williamson 1986 My group consisted of Ruby 1996 and I. We were set to follow a brief which consisted of making the titles and open...